Tuesday 7 January 2014

The First Monster Species Ideas Have Arrived

I am so excited - the first monster species designs have arrived. I had to read them right away because I was so eager.

Many thanks to St. Hardulph's school in Breedon for some very colourful ideas.

May I introduce you to Burtha the Flabby Gobble:

About Flabby Gobbles

A flabby gobble is a horrible creature, as slimy and ugly as a slug. They are as tall as a small tree and weigh as much as the fattest man in the world. Although they have no arms, are slow and dumb, these monsters’ brains are good for something.


If they do not scare you off with their repulsive looks and smell, (they have two forms, good and bad; good form looks and smells like your aunt Tessie and bad looks like a gothic slug that smells like nappies) they push their jelly brain out of their tiny ears and it starts chasing you. 


This is how they hunt. Once the brain catches you it goes back through the ear and makes a wet trumping noise as it digests.


I love this idea for many reasons. Isn't 'Flabby Gobble' just a brilliant name for a monster species? I really like the idea that jelly brains could be pushed out through their ears to chase people. We could have a lot of fun writing about that, couldn't we? I also like Flabbly Gobbles because they sound revolting.

The children at St Hardulph's School had many other good ideas, including:
- a snotty monster that can press a button and turn into a human (Sounds very dangerous!)
- a monster with a dragon's bottom and a see-through top half (I've never heard anything quite like that before.)
- a ninja robot that's as fast as the speed of sound (I can see I'm going to have to improve my running.)
- a monster whose hands are as slimy as a frog (Yuck! I wouldn't like one of those to catch me!)

Please keep your monster ideas coming in. The address to send them to is rosen.trevithick@gmail.com

Next week, we'll discuss which monster species to use in our monster book. Of course, you can use any of your monster ideas to inspire your own stories, drawings and poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your first name, age and location/school when leaving a comment.