Sunday 19 January 2014

Duck Donkers, Booming and Shadowy Water

This afternoon, I've been reading ideas from Morton Trentside Primary School.

Here are some of the highlights:

'Quackers is a lumipoo momp that has super power senses so then he would not bump into anything.'

A very useful skill for creatures that prefer to swim with their eyes closed.

'Duck Donkers has a shiny, bright and pointy orange beak.'

Duck Donkers is a brilliant name. I like the idea of a bright and shiny beak. Perhaps Duck Donkers could polish its beak with furniture or shoe polish?

'Duck Donkers closes his eyes because he doesn't like his own reflection in  the light blue, wavy water.'

The sentence above contains some lovely adjectives (describing words) used to tell us about the water.

'Ducky can pick up cars.'

A duck holding a car? Now that's something I'd like to see.

'He can jump over the moon and when he lands he makes a boom.'

I really like the line above because you could make it into a mini poem with a half-rhyme:

'He can jump over the moon,
When he lands he makes a boom!'

'Boom' is an example of onomatopoeia (when saying a word out loud sounds like the thing you're describing.) Try saying 'boom' out load - it sounds like an explosion.

'Dance Duck enjoys swimming in dark, gloomy and shadowy water.'

I really like the adjectives (describing words) used to tell us about more water.

'Every time he tries to say hello  he says "momp momp".'

This is very amusing. I can imagining it happening.

'If you laugh, Quackers will charge at you.'

Uh oh! I think I would find it hard not to laugh at a crazed duck saying "momp, momp". I'll have to practise keeping a straight face.

'If a baby is trying to get him, Crackers can turn into a puddle in a click!'

At first, I thought, 'Why would a baby, of all people, try to attack a lumipoo momp?'. Then I realised that babies are too young to understand that lumipoos are dangerous. Perhaps the baby just wanted to pet crackers (bad idea!).

Many thanks to Morton Trentside for their interesting responses.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your first name, age and location/school when leaving a comment.