Friday 14 February 2014

True Heroes, Balloon Popping, Swamp Trouble and A Queen Who's Way Too Big for Her Boots

Thank you to the children from Bosvigo School for your email and plot ideas.

In response to your email, if I knew the secret to being famous, I would be a lot richer! I will help our book become as famous as I possibly can. I'm sure your superb ideas will help.

Also, there is no task for the holiday but if you keep visiting the website you will be able to keep up with all the news including funny plot ideas from other schools and decisions about the story. I've already made an important announcement about the book's size.

William, I think it's really nice of Simon and Tigotha to rescue Thugadore when he's such a bully. It shows that they really are true heros. I like the idea of Spike silently descending from his tree.

Oscar, I like the idea of a balloon popping. It's a dramatic way to show fun being spoilt. Also, interesting that Thugadore turned up with some lumipoo momps. It made me wonder who a bully that's human would side with - the nice humans or the horrible monsters?

Ben, I really like the idea of a character getting stuck in the Mompy Swamp - that will create excellent drama. I also like that you wrote further drama by having Tigotha fall face first during a rescue attempt. I wonder if Turbo could use his helicopter hair to rise into the sky and pull her out?

Adam, I like the idea that Maddie Long Legs, queen of the lumipoo momps tries to make up ridiculous laws to excuse being mean to humans. It's a great conflict which would give our heros a solid reason to want to get rid of her. It also could give rise to some very funny laws! You used the map well in your booklet, bringing in lots of features.

Thank you for your ideas. I will work as many of them as I can into our monster book.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your first name, age and location/school when leaving a comment.