Saturday 1 February 2014

Gnasher Dogs, Howling Wolves and Stinkland Farm

A few more settings have arrived since my last post. Here are some highlights:

'There are gnasher dogs and they smash trees and chew on the bark from the bottom of the trees and there are about 100,000 of the dogs.' - Dan and Alex, St Hardulph's

That would explain why Tubsters of Terror are afraid of puppies.

'The trees drop in shame over the brown dirty water as it trickles over the mushy mud.' - Katie and Ginny, St Hardulph's

Excellent personification.

'There are two mini mountains on either side, where wolves howl at night on.' - Katie and Ginny, St Hardulph's

'Howl' is a great example of onomatopoeia.

'Surrounding the dirty mushy hardly a pond is a terrible thing called QUICK MUD! (It is basically quick sand but in mud)' - Katie and Ginny, St Hardulph's

'His habitat (thorn bush) is surrounded by quick mud that could kill you in seconds by sucking you in.' - Harvey and Nino, St Hardulph's.

That sounds like a swamp to me. Swamps have been very popular in this exercise, so I think I'll put one on our map.

'You can smell mouldy, off, hairy, cracked coconuts from the squeaking mad monkey.' - Darcey and Sophie, St Hardulph's.

That sentence made me giggle.

'Our story is set in a place called Stinkland Farm.' - Harvey and Nino, St Hardulph's.

I like the place name.

'My Lumipoo Momp island is called Quackers Momp World.' - Anonymous, Morton Trentside

I like this, so I've borrowed 'Quackers' and used it to name a park.

'On Momp Beach there is Tippy Toppy Cafe that cooks old banana skins.' - Anonymous, Morton Trentside

Ooh! I was just wondering what to call our upside down village. Tippy Toppy is perfect.

'There is Love Forest 500,000 miles away from Tippy Toppy Cafe. You can have a Ducky Wedding there.' - Anonymous, Morton Trentside

Goodness me! I'm imagining a lumipoo momp in a wedding dress - not a pretty sight (but very funny).

'Next to that stands a purple poo Volcano.' - Anonymous, Morton Trentside

A volcano that erupts poo is very inventive.

I'm off to plot a map using all the best ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your first name, age and location/school when leaving a comment.