Monday 3 February 2014

Maddie Long Legs Stole Bosvigo School's Work!

I explained that a lumipoo momp tried to steal some of the school work from St Edwards and Manor Lodge, but I've just found out that Maddie Long Legs, the lumipoo momp queen, stole weeks of work by a group of children who go to Bosvigo School in Truro. Fortunately, Simon and Tigotha managed to recover the work from her nest and send it to me.

Below are some sketches from the monster species task in week 1.


And here are some highlights from the scene setting task:

'There is a big cave under the sea, near a volcano, on a rocky island. It is always very warm and dry because all of the lava flowing out of the nearby volcano.' - Oscar

Oscar, you'll be please to know that there will be a volcano in our book. It's called Volcano Yazoble and it's near the coast, where there are caves. You can see it on our map in the south east.

'His favourite game is 'it', which he plays with his neighbours the crabs.' - Oscar.

This is a very amusing image, although I'm not sure that I'd like to be chased by a crab in real life.

'The lumipoo momp's favourite game is 'it'.' - William

Oh goodness me! I think I'd rather be chased by one of Oscar's crabs than a deadly duck!

'My monster live on Mars so that he won't get caught by human beings." - William

Living on Mars is an extremely good way of avoiding humans!

'My monster lives under the wet stage at Bosvigo School.' - Elliot.

Crikey! Does the care taker know?

'The Cheese World looks like a leftover, wet burrito kept in the fridge for 100 years.' - Ben

Ugh! This is a brilliant simile because it made me cry 'Yuck' out loud. You really captured how disgusting the cheese world is.

'Every house feels like a grizzly bear's eyeball from the river.' - Ben

Another brilliant and foul simile. Well done for paying attention to the sense of touch.

'The world sounds like 1009 horse shoes falling on ten tons of metal.'

This is a good simile. I like how specific it is - 1009 made me giggle. Ben could make it even better by adding words like 'clang', 'scrape' or 'clatter' (onomatopoeia).

'The cheese world is the smelliest planet in the universe...apart from Fish World!' - Ben

Now I'm intrigued about Fish World! It's very clever to both round off a piece of writing and leave the reader wanting more.

'I am very excited to start writing the monster book with Rosen' - Elliot

I am very excited to have Bosvigo School on board. I look forward to reading your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your first name, age and location/school when leaving a comment.