Tuesday 25 February 2014

A Quick Message to 'Anonymous' from Barford

Many thanks to the pupil from Barford who left a comment on my author blog. I thought I'd reply here because my author blog is not really for kids.

Thank you for your message and kind words about my troll books.

If you're a good thinker but get muddled up when writing things down, have you tried storyboarding with stickmen?

Get a really long piece of paper - either the sort they sell in rolls or you can sellotape four or five sheets together.

Then instead of writing down your ideas, draw stick men acting out a series of moments from your story.

On the left, draw what happens at the beginning of your story.

Then, move to your right along the paper drawing all the things that happen, one after another.

You'll have created a story without ever having to write anything down.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your first name, age and location/school when leaving a comment.